The East African Journal of Science, Technology and Innovation (EAJSTI) will launch its first call for papers for publication on 3rd April, 2019 in Kampala Uganda.
EAJSTI is designed as a multidisciplinary, open access and peer review journal, publishing original research of relevance to the East African Community (EAC) region, covering basic and applied research in science, technology and innovation.
The goal of the Journal is to enhance, advance and disseminate scientific, technological and innovative knowledge that supports regional socio-economic development. The objectives of the journal include:
- Supporting the development of evidence based policies;
- Providing an avenue for disseminating scientific research and technological findings to researchers, professionals, industry and other stakeholders in the EAC and beyond;
- Increasing the number and quality of scientific publications from the EAC Partner States;
- Advancing and opening up the new frontiers for further research in science, technology and innovation domains;
- Enhancing visibility of the regional scientific and technological research, and;
- Promoting international recognition of local researchers and professionals.
The launch will be preceded by inauguration of the editorial board, which comprises senior scientists from academia, research institutions and the industry. The ceremony will be attended by senior officers from Ministries of East African Community Affairs (MEACAs) in the Partner States, Ministry of Science Technology and Innovation of Uganda, members of the EASTECO Governing Board, and other stakeholders in Science, technology and innovation ecosystem in the region.
For more information, please see the journal website: http://eajsti.org